Laggan Community Council (Highland)
Next Meeting - Annual General Meeting - Monday 17th June at 1830 Laggan Village Hall -
Laggan Community Survey May-June 2019.
89 surveys were submitted - about 30% of the population - and around 30 residents attended the BIG CONVERSATION event to hear and debate the priorities expressed. A series of potentially actionable themes emerged...in no particular order of priority - better use of Laggan's recognised strengths, history & heritage, our natural envirnoment; improve Village Amenity to cater for all ages and abilities; Marketing of Laggan as a "destination"; Safer Routes and Paths; additional Affordable Housing; Communication - e.g. diary of community events publicised on-line as well as SPLASH; better use of Village Hall and much more.
VABS, who assisted the community with the survey, will now be summarising and calling together the community steering group in the coming weeks to plan next steps. This steering group comprises representatives of the various community bodies and charitable groups.
- Laggan-Community-Council-Meeting-10-17th-June-2019-Agenda.docx 81 kB
- Laggan-Community-Council-Meeting-9-20th-May-2019-Agenda.docx 87 kB
- Laggan-Community-Council-a-Meeting-3-Approved-minutes-October-2018.pdf 67 kB
- Laggan-Community-Council-a-Ordinary-Meeting-5-Dec-18-APRROVED-minutes.pdf 104 kB
- Laggan-Community-Council-Meeting-1-August-2018-APPROVED-MINUTES.pdf 113 kB
- Laggan-Community-Council-Meeting-2-17th-Sept-2018-APPROVED-minutes.pdf 81 kB
- Laggan-Community-Council-Meeting-4-19th-Nov-2018-Approved-Minutes.pdf 82 kB
The community council is the statutory elected local body tasked with consultation and engagement to and from the community on matters of interest relating to Highland Council (Planning and Licensing), Scottish Government (Roads and Transport) and the Emergency Services (NHS, Fire, Ambulance and Police)
The community council meeting generally meets on the third Monday of each month in Laggan Village Hall at 1830. An agenda is published 7 days in advance of each meeting. Representativs of Highland Council are also normally in attendance
Any member of the community who wishes to raise an item for discussion at the council meeting may contact the officers by e-mail noted below.